Saturday, January 22, 2011

Goodnight Old Man and little lady

I know this blog will seem stupid to many and that's okay. Today I found out that two of my parents cats are missing, and more than likely have gone on to kitty heaven to chase mice and balls of yarn for eternity, thanks to the coyotes. I just wanted to give a shout out to my little buddies. Cami was a precious little lady who loved to be outside and thrived when being loved on. I'll miss you little girl.

Spikers, old spikers. You were mine from the beginning. My mom brought him home to me after I was having a hard time fitting in at school. She knew I always wanted a cat and there happened to be a man at her workplace who were looking for a good home for their cat since they were soon to be retired and traveled a lot and left him alone. My mom without even asking my dad if it was okay that she brought home an inside cat walked through the door with this cute old man and my heart soared! A cat! Just for me! I was kinda obsessed with cats in my younger years I should point out and sorry to Spike for scaring him so that he hid inside our old dryer for at least 4 days... Anyways I loved him and he really had no interest in me lol but he was adorable and what I always wanted. He was always pretty independent, even more so than a normal cat. He loved to bite the top of my head and cuddle up on the couch and just be hugged. He lived a long life, the guesstimate is around 18-20 years old, and most of that was spent outside! I'm still hoping that you both decided to hitch a ride out of that crappy ole town instead of becoming dinner for a coyote. 


Either way, I do feel as though I owe you a thank you Spike and Cami. You made me a whole person, animals have a way of doing that. I loved taking care of you and hope you are at peace. I owe you about a million hugs in heaven, sorry I was kind of a rotten teenager and ignored you after I found myself again. Love you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment