Saturday, July 14, 2012

Let's do this one more time

Why are blogs so confusing? In all five I've had over the course of my life, you 'd think I would have figured it all out by now. I have not! The design part is so time consuming! I've been reading so many great blogs lately and I just wish it was something I was good at! Maybe with time, we shall see. It hasn't worked yet! I promised a post with at least pictures of my house on our one month of living here, which was 6 months ago. Better late than never? I do not have a very good camera, so we will just have to make due!
Our First Home!
Living Room- Sorry for the wall shot, apparently it's all I have!
Main floor bathroom- Love the basic colors, leaves options wide open!


Master bedroom- The other side of that wall is the 3 season room.


Kitchen (Broken dishwasher and all)


Happy hubby before he was my hubby changing locks, job #1
Living room- I've since added curtains and rearranged a little but not paint




Office- still the same


Kitchen filled with stuff and those ugly cloud knobs. Ugh.


Basement - pre carpet & paint


There is our mysterious huge stone structure


Potential paint colors


Step 1- Sand!


Here we had already primed, and painted the chalkboard


Adding the wall color
Carpet!


After carpet




After paint & carpet


Stone structure looks a tad bit better!


Todd loves it!


My ginger kitty enjoys the carpet


Piper even approves!


Love the basement


Before
After we coated the floor in Kilz to get rid of pet smells. I think they forgot their cats in here for awhile, yuck


Progress- We had changed out two pieces of the subfloor
Laying the laminate


Chris even had time to perfect his fancy knee resting on elbows pose
After tile was all laid


Another view...so much better
Added some paint! Love that sunny yellow. I am going for an India theme eventually.


I've been playing with more paint colors for the rest of this white walled house but those rooms aren't empty and will be more of a pain to paint, but it is coming soon! I have bought the paint, it's only a matter of reorganizing rooms! The basement bathroom is coming together nicely thanks to my amazing father-in-law! Still applying Spackle at this point, then we will put in the floor, add cedar to the top of the shower and put the toilet and vanity back in, buy some new light fixtures and she's good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment