Thursday, December 9, 2010

Things I &hearts about this time of year

Christmas lights, something about bright sparkly lights just fills me with joy! I think Christmas lights should stay up all year.
I also have a fondness of Christmas music, as corny as most of it is. I love hearing new arrangements and new covers every year of the same old classics. 

This one is special- Christmas cookies. Without fail they take me back to a simpler time. Immediately I am transported back to my grandmother's warm kitchen, and in front of me a table covered in wax paper and flour. She pulls the dough out of the fridge that she prepared earlier in the morning so me and my sisters and cousins could sleep those extra hours and never even thought to help! She seemed to have an endless supply of cookie cutters, in all shapes representing Christmas. Reindeer and trees, snowflakes and santas galore! I'll never forget the amount of fun that time spent with her and my family was. So simple, just some dough and cookie cutters, and a little (and I mean little) creativity, followed up with some carols in the living room sung by her favorite little voices. 

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas :)



No comments:

Post a Comment